Everyone, I’m elated to tell you that Tumblr will be joining Yahoo.
Before touching on how awesome this is, let me try to allay any concerns: We’re not turning purple. Our headquarters isn’t moving. Our team isn’t changing. Our roadmap isn’t changing. And our mission – to empower creators to…
Le numéro spécial Cannes (updaté selon notre situation wifi) est dispo sur l’app store. Go !
Was one of Brooklyn’s finest in Harlem in 1939? This Sid Grossman photo of “Harlem Loiterers” from the Prints Collection at NYPL’s Schomburg Center for Research In Black Culture has created quite a stir since being posted to the Center’s Facebook page the other day. Why? Because the man on the right looks a heck of a lot like Jay-Z (for evidence, check out these photos of Jay-Z when he visited The New York Public Library in 2010). Cue Twilight Zone music, right? Schomburg’s Curator of Digital Collections Sylviane A. Diouf found the photo while researching an exhibition, and said, “I was immediately struck by the similarity to Jay-Z and actually laughed out loud … I still hope somebody will tell us who that young man really was.”
So is Jay-Z a time traveler? Is this someone else - anyone know who? What do you think?
Awesome “Evil Dead 2” movie poster by Jason Edmiston.
(I must admit, it’s pretty good)
We always hear “THE RULES” From the female side….
Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules! Please note.. these are all numbered “1 ” ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers. (FIRST & FOREMOST RULE)
1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You’re a big girl. If it’s up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don’t hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports, It’s like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That’s what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you’re fat, you probably are.
Don’t ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done.
If you already know best how to do it , just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials..
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have NO idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it WILL be scratched.
We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say “nothing,” We will act like nothing’s wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle..
1. If you ask a question you don’t want an answer to, Expect an answer you don’t want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine… Really .
1. Don’t ask us what we’re thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as Football or Hockey.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. ROUND IS a shape!
Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight;
But did you know men really don’t mind that? It’s like camping.
Quand Darren Aronofsky voulait adapter Year One de Frank Miller. Bien avant la trilogie de Christopher Nolan, le réalisateur de BLACK SWAN planchait sur une adaptation très “libre” du classique de Frank Miller. Pourquoi Warner a décidé d’annuler le projet? Réponse sur comicbookmovie.com :
Now before most of you wonder why WB’s didn’t pick it, it was mainly due to the fact that it completely changed everything about Batman and really wasn’t anything like Year One. The script was penned by Darren Aronofsky and Frank Miller (think I know what the problem maybe is). In the script, Bruce Wayne wasn’t a billionaire playboy but was homeless, living on the streets of Gotham. Alfred is an African-American mechanic who isn’t even called Alfred but instead called Big Al. Also Batman drives a souped up Lincoln Towncar. Also Bruce Wayne gets the idea of Batman because when he beats up wrong-doers down on the streets of Gotham he punches them with a mighty ring on his finger bearing the initials of his father: Thomas Wayne… T-W… which ends up looking like a bat symbol on the foreheads of said criminals… hence The Batman. Aronofsky has said he still wishes to adapt this story into a comic AND/OR eventually make it into a movie.
Ces dessins ont été commandés par le studio, et n’ont jamais été approuvés par Aronofsky.
I was fortunate enough to get a spot on the BARTKIRA project (details here) (also, tumblr tag). Slow going so far, but I wanted to post this behemoth panel I finished pencilling yesterday. As happy as I am with how it turned out, my arm still feels like it’s going to fall off.
Concern for life of limb doesn’t get pages drawn though. More to come!
Le quatrième numéro est disponible ! Et c’est toujours gratuit, donc foncez, non?